MACHU PICCHU DAY TOUR
If you are short on time, then this Macchu Picchu Day Tour From Cusco is for you.
Discover a place even the Spanish Conquerors failed to find, the citadel of Macchu Picchu.
This well-hidden gem is 80 kilometers (50 miles) northwest of Cusco, nestled between the Macchu Picchu and the Huayna Picchu mountains, and the Urubamba River below. This beautiful landscape provided natural protection for this royal estate.
Macchu Picchu is the most famous icon of the Inka Civilization and was home to its 9th ruler, Pachacuti, who was credited for building the vast Inka Empire. The Sanctuary of Machu Picchu is considered the most significant and intact cultural site built by the Inca civilization. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and voted one of the New Seven Wonders of the World.
Type: Cultural and historical.
Visited Places: Machu Picchu.
Duration: Full Day.
Pickup time: 4:00 am.
Pickup location: Hotel in Cusco.
Drop off location: Cusco Hotel or Ollantaytambo.
Daily departure: From January to December.
MACHU PICCHU DAY TOUR ITINERARY
CUSCO – OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU
Today is the day to experience the wonder of Machu Picchu. Machu Picchu day tour takes about 18 hours.
Machu Picchu day tour starts with a picked up from your hotel at approximately 3:00 am and returning around 10:30 pm. Once we collect you from your hotel, you will take a 1.5-hour bus ride to the town of Ollantaytambo. Once there, you will take the train to the city of Aguas Calientes, the base village for Machu Picchu, arriving about 7:00 am. Here your guide will meet you and accompany you on the 25-minute bus ride up to Machu Picchu.
Your two-hour guided tour begins at the monument where you’ll visit the most important areas of Machu Picchu: the Guard House – the Sun Temple – the royalty area – the Main Plaza – the Three Windows Temple – the Sacred Sun Dial and other attractions.
All areas are connected by narrow paths and steps, so be prepared for a bit of walking.
After Machu Picchu tour, you’ll have about 2 hours of free time to explore on your own before you take the 6:30 train to Ollantaytambo.
You’ll arrive at Ollantaytambo train station at 8.15 pm, where shared transportation will meet you and deliver you to Plaza Regosijo, near Cusco’s main square, at approximately 10:30 pm.
INCLUDED IN MACHU PICCHU DAY TOUR:
• Professional English-Speaking Tour guide.
• Machu Picchu private guided tour.
• Round trip train tickets, economic class service, between Ollantaytambo and Aguas Calientes.
• Round trip bus ticket between Aguas Calientes and Machu Picchu.
• Entrance fee to Machu Picchu.
• Hotel in Aguas Calientes.
• Transportation from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
NOT INCLUDED IN MACHU PICCHU DAY TOUR:
• Hotel in Cusco.
• Hotel in Aguas Calientes.
• Huayna Picchu Mountain tickets.
• Machu Picchu Mountain Tckets.
• Meals and drinks.
• Tips and gratuities (depends on the service).
• Any other item not specified in the section above “We include.”
WHAT TO BRING:
• A change of clothes.
• Original passport.
• Rain jacket or poncho.
• Trekking boots (rather than sneakers).
• Hat or cap to protect you from the sun.
• Sun block, minimum 30 SPF.
• Insect repellent (minimum 20% DEET recommended).
• A roll of toilet paper.
• Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, raw fruits, etc.
• Bottle of water.
• Personal medical kit with prescriptions.
• Bathing suit and sandals (or flip flops) for the hot springs.
• Cash for tipping staff and buying souvenirs.
PRIVATE SERVICE PRICE $350. USD WITH ECONOMIC CLASS TRAIN
This service is perfect for friends, couples, and small families because you select your departure dates, group size, and you set the pace to maximize your experience. Machu Picchu day tour is based on 02 and 08 maximum passengers.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
We require a deposit of 50% to confirm your reservation.
There are additional fees associated with this method of payment, which will be paid by the client.
Receiver’s Name: DAVID
Receiver’s Surname: GUZMAN FLORES
Receiver’s Address: CALLE NUEVA N° 462
Receiver’s City: CUSCO
Receiver’s Country: PERU
Receiver’s ID: 42567695
After sending payment, please send us an e-mail with the following information: Transaction numbers: Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN), a ten-digit number)
If you’d like to pay via PayPal or a direct bank deposit, please note that a 10% fee applies. Please add this amount to the tour cost to cover the transaction costs.
Our email address is: email@example.com
For all methods of payment, please include the following information in your reservation email:
* Copies of all passport(s).
* Start date for your trip.
* Indicate the name of your hotel in Cusco.
BEST PERU TOURS