Rainbow Mountain Hike from Cusco Full day
The Rainbow Mountain Hike is also known to locals as Vinicunca. This stunning and unique natural wonder is located near the spectacular Ausangate Mountain. This Mountain is the deity of Cusco and has been considered a holy place of worship by indigenous Peruvians for a millennium. The tradition of prayer and making offerings continues to this day.
Treks to see the Rainbow Mountain used to require at least 6 days, but this itinerary lets you see this attraction in a day hike. You’ll see quaint villages, herds of llamas plus magnificent views of the Ausangate glacier (6385m/21,000ft.), the highest mountain in the Cusco region. With its unsurpassed beauty and power, the Rainbow Mountain Hike is an excellent option for trekkers who love a true outdoor adventure.
Rainbow Mountain Hike at a Glance
- Pick up from your hotel at 4:30 am.
- Arrival at Cusipata restaurant 7:00 am.
- Your hike from Phuluwasipata starts at 8:00 am.
- Arrival at Cusco’s Rainbow Mountain at 10:30 am.
- Descent to trailhead and return to Cusipata 2:00 pm.
- Transport back to Cusco and drop off at hotel 5:00 pm.
Rainbow Mountain Trek Full Day Itinerary
The Rainbow Mountain Hike starts with a pickup at 4:30 am from your hotel in Cusco. We will take a 2-hour drive in our private vehicle, heading to the south valley of Cusco. When we reach Cusipata, we will enjoy our continental breakfast. This is your last chance to use the proper bathroom and get some snacks. We recommend that you get some lemon-flavored candies and lots of water.
We will continue in our transport for another one hour to get to phulawasipata. Here you will begin the hike enjoying a typical Andean scenery with herds of alpacas and llamas. Views of Ausangate Mountain will grace us as we hike through villages and interact with the locals. You’ll also see many red-colored mountains and green valleys who are the main highlights of this adventure.
After a total hike of approximately 1.5 hours, we’ll finally reach our destination, Rainbow Mountain (5020m/16,500ft). The natural, vibrant colors are amazing. Once at the top, you’ll have free time to explore, take pictures and take it all in. We’ll enjoy approximately 30 minutes at the summit. We’ll descend the same trail for 1.5 hours, where our private transportation will wait for us.
Finally, we will take a 3-hour drive back to Cusco and we’ll drop off at your hotel at 5:00 pm.
Rainbow Mountain Hike Includes:
- Professional English-speaking tour guide.
- Roundtrip private transportation between your hotel and the trailhead at Quesiuno.
- Entrance ticket to Rainbow Mountain.
- One continental breakfast and one box lunch.
- Emergency oxygen bottle and medical kit.
Rainbow Mountain Hike Excludes:
- Emergency horse (upon request).
- Trekking poles (can be rented from us).
- Dinner and bottles of water.
- Travel /Health / Emergency insurance.
Bring for Rainbow Mountain Hike
- Original Passport.
- Sufficient drinking water.
- Rain jacket/poncho and pants.
- Warm clothing, hat, and gloves.
- High-energy snacks.
- Sun block, minimum 30+ recommended.
- Sunglasses and sun hat.
- Camera with extra batteries.
- Trekking poles (can also be rented from us).
Private Service Price $130.00 usd per person
The Rainbow Mountain Hike is perfect for friends, couples, and small families because you select your arrival and departure dates, group size and most importantly, you set the pace to maximize your experience. This tour price is based on a minimum of 02 and a maximum of 08 hikers.
Methods of Payment
We require a deposit of 50% to confirm your reservation.
There are additional fees associated with this method of payment, which will be paid by the client.
Surname: GUZMAN FLORES
Address: CALLE NUEVA N° 462
Receiver’s ID: 42567695
After sending payment, please send us an e-mail with the following information: Transaction numbers: Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN), a ten-digit number.
If you’d like to pay via PayPal or a direct bank deposit, please note that a 10% fee applies.
Please add this amount to the tour cost to cover the transaction costs. Our PayPal email address is: email@example.com
For all methods of payment, please include the following information in your reservation email:
Copies of all passport(s).
Start date for your trip.
Indicate the name of your hotel in Cusco.