Capital city of the Incas
The Inca trail is one of the most famous adventure treks to do in South America. Most Adventure and travel magazines from around the glove has recognized the ancient Inca Trail as the world’s most famous trek.
The hike itself brings you along ancient stone pathway deep into the Peruvian countryside and high into the Andes mountains. This ancient Inca Trail is amazing with old Incan ruins, cloud forest, and impressive valley views along the way. Perhaps the greatest end-point of any multi-day hike on earth, the magical Machu Picchu.
INCA TRAIL DETAILS:
Type: Trekking and Cultural tour.
Visited Places: Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
Duration: 4 Days / 3 nights.
Pickup time: 4:00 am.
Pickup location: Hotel in Cusco.
Drop off location: Cusco hotel.
Departure: Based on availability.
Our Inca Trail trek begins with a pickup from your hotel at 5:00 am and take you to Piscacucho trailhead. Once there, we will meet the entire team of professionals who will make your trip a success. Then we will begin our trek. The first day is easy and let you prepare for the days to come. We will have the beautiful sight of the snow mountains and will also be walking near the Sacred Valley River. After 2 hours hike, we will find the first Incan site of Patallacta, where we will have lunch and later continue to our first camp at Wayllabamba.
After enjoying our breakfast, start the most difficult section of the hike to the highest pass of the Inca Trail. This day will also offer stunning views of the Andean scenery and also observe the different types of micro-climates existing in the area.
After a 4-hour continuous and arduous ascend, we will pass the dead woman, at about 4200 masl. Here you will have the enormous satisfaction of reaching the highest point of the entire Inca Trail. After this experience, we will continue descending to Pacaymayo and have our delicious lunch. This place will also be our campsite, meaning you will spend the afternoon resting in your tent.
After eating our breakfast, we will start the way up to the second Inca Trail pass at 3850 masl. On the way we will visit the small Incan sites of Runkurakay and Sayacmarca with our knowledgeable guide. After this experience, we will continue our hike to Chaquicocha, where we enjoy our lunch.
From here, the Inca Trail offers amazing views with verdant vegetation and mossy trees. The 2-hour hike bring us to another Incan complex, where we will start a long descend. We will continue our hike to the last campsite called Wiñay Huayna (forever young). Our guide will take us to visit the impressive archaeological site. After the tour, we will have dinner and say goodbye the adventure team.
Today we will get up very early and eat our small breakfast. We will continue our hike very early in order to be on time and see the sunrise over Machupicchu. After a one-hour trek, we will pass through Inti Punku or sungate to Machupicchu, where you will have an amazing panoramic view of the Incan citadel. After this experience, we will visit the Inca citadel for about 3 hours. Our guided tour ends with clear indications to return safely to Cusco, this will include the train and bus tickets to tranport yourfelf.
• Pre-departure briefing about the trek.
• Private bus transportation from Cusco to the trailhead at kilometer 82.
• Meals: 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners, 3-afternoon teas.
• Camping equipment: Shared 2-person tents, 2 sleeping mattresses.
• Communal dinner tent and cooking tent.
• Stools and tables for meals.
• Entrance fees to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
• Porters (for the heavy items like tents, food, tables, etc.).
• A chef.
• Professional English-speaking tour guide.
• Drinking water for Day 2 and 3.
• One-way train ticket, Expedition class service, from Aguas Calientes to Cusco.
• One-way bus tickets from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes.
• Note: vegetarian meal options are available upon previous request.
• Also, toilet facilities are available at every lunch spot and camping site.
• Sleeping bags.
• First breakfast & last lunch.
• Extra personal porter (hired at $140 USD for the entire trip – maximum of 13 kg (28 lbs.)
• Wayna Picchu entrance ticket (please request 3-4 months in advance – $70 USD).
• Snacks and drinks.
• First breakfast & last lunch.
• Tipping the support team on the last day is customary.
• You must bring your original passport to show at every control point.
• The passport must be the same one used to purchase the Inca Trail tour.
• If you have a different passport for some reason, bring this one too.
• If you are a student, bring your ISIC card.
• Sleeping bag.
• Backpack for your personal items.
• Remember when packing that you will be carrying the backpack for 4 days unless you hire a port at an additional cost.
• Changes of clothes for 4 days.
• Warm clothes, including jacket, fleeces, and gloves.
• Flashlight or headlight with extra batteries.
• Sunblock, minimum 30 SPF (it’s easy to burn at high elevations).
• Insect repellent (minimum 20% DEET recommended).
• Waterproof trekking shoes (rather than sneakers).
• Long & short pants. Rain gear or poncho.
• Slippers or sandals to rest your feet and for the hot springs.
• Cap or hat for both sun and cold. Camera with extra batteries.
• Personal medical kit with prescriptions.
• A roll of toilet paper. Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, raw fruits, etc.
• Sufficient drinking water for day 1 (consider the physical exertion of walking uphill).
• Small towel and wet wipes.
• Bathing suit for the hot springs.
• Cash for tipping support team and buying souvenirs.
You’ll be sharing this unique experience with other travelers coming from different parts of the world, and have a great opportunity to make new friends and interact during this trip (This tour is based on 12 people max.)
*Sleeping Bag $20 USD
*A pair of walking poles USD 15.00
*Huayna Picchu climbing USD 70.00
*Machu Picchu climbing USD 70.00
*Upgrade to Vistadome Train AC – Cusco (USD 60 per person)
*Extra night in Aguas Calientes (USD 85 3* hotel )
*Personal porter to carry your backpack (maximum of 12 kg or 26 lbs.), the cost is an additional $150 USD per person for the entire trip, in addition to the tour price.
We require a deposit of 50% to confirm your reservation.
There are additional fees associated with this method of payment, which will be paid by the client.
Receiver’s Name: DAVID
Receiver’s Surname: GUZMAN FLORES
Receiver’s Address: CALLE NUEVA N° 462
Receiver’s City: CUSCO
Receiver’s Country: PERU
Receiver’s ID: 42567695
After sending payment, please send us an e-mail with the following information: Transaction numbers: Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN, a ten-digit number).
If you’d like to pay via PayPal or a direct bank deposit, please note that a 10% fee applies. Please add this amount to the tour cost to cover the transaction costs.
our paypal email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
for all methods of payment, please include the following information in your reservation email:
* Copies of all passports.
* Start date for your trip.
* Indicate the name of your hotel in Cusco.