Capital city of the Incas
The Inca Trail 2 day hike to Machu Picchu is part of an ancient highway that connected the citadel to the former Inca Empire. Today, most hikers walk only a small section of the original highway system, which spanned about 5200 km (3200 miles), from what is now Quito, Ecuador to Tucuman, Argentina.
The Inca Trail 2 day hike highlights other impressive archaeological sites and stunning views along the way. You’ll enjoy amazing vistas of the Andes, deep valleys, the lush vegetation of the cloud forest, and the craftsmanship of the stone paths built into the mountainside.
DAY 1.- CUSCO TO AGUAS CALIENTES
The Inca Trail 2 day hike will start early in the morning to travel to Ollantaytambo train station (about 1.5 hour trip by private vehicle). From Ollantaytambo, you’ll take the train and get off at Kilometer 104 to begin our trek on the Inca Trail. Not long after, we arrive at the Chachabamba archaeological site.
Our Inca Trail 2-day hike adventure let us follow the ancient pathway for about 4 hours until we reach the impressive archaeological site of Wiñaywayna. This Incan construction has a spectacular view of the Urubamba valley and is at an altitude of (2700m/6900 ft.). We’ll have a lunch break and continue our ascent until we reach the Sun Gate (Inti Punku). At the Sun Gate, you’ll experience the first spectacular view of Machu Picchu. After this wonderful experience, we’ll hike down to the bus that takes us to Aguas Calientes, the base village of Machu Picchu. We’ll spend the night in a hotel at Aguas Calientes.
DAY 2.- AGUAS CALIENTES—MACHU PICCHU—CUSCO
The next morning after breakfast, we’ll return by bus to Machu Picchu for a 2-hour guided tour. You’ll visit the most important areas of Machu Picchu: the Guard House, the Sun Temple, the royalty area, the Main Plaza, the Three Windows Temple, the Sacred Sun Dial and other attractions.
Finally, the Inca Trail 2 day hike will give you some extra time to explore the Incan citadel. Your guide will tell you when it’s time to descend from the monument to eat lunch in Aguas Calientes. In the afternoon, you’ll board the train to return to the Ollantaytambo station, and then bus to Cusco.
• Transportation from Cusco to Ollantaytambo train station.
• Roundtrip train tickets, Expedition Class service, between Cusco and the trailhead at Kilometer 104.
• Entrance fees to the Inca trail and Machu Picchu.
• Meals: box lunch and dinner.
• Hotel in Aguas Calientes.
• First-aid kit and oxygen.
• Professional English-Speaking Guide.
• RT bus tickets between Machu Picchu and Aguas Calientes.
• Hotel in Cusco.
• First-day breakfast.
• Last day meals.
• One way bus ticket between Machu Picchu and Aguas Calientes (last day).
• A backpack with a change of clothes for two days.
• Original passport & International Student Identity Card (if applicable).
• Rain gear or poncho.
• Waterproof trekking boots (rather than sneakers).
• Walking poles (or you can rent them from us).
• Warm clothes, including jacket, fleeces, and gloves.
• Torch/flashlight with extra batteries.
• Camera with extra batteries.
• Hat or cap to protect you from the sun and cold.
• Sun block, minimum 30 SPF (it’s easy to burn at high elevations).
• Insect repellent (minimum 20% DEET recommended).
• A roll of toilet paper.
• Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, raw fruits, etc.
• Sufficient drinking water (consider the physical exertion of walking uphill).
• Personal medical kit with prescriptions.
• Small towel and wet wipes.
• Bathing suit and sandals (or flip flops) to relax and for the hot springs.
• Cash for tipping staff and buying souvenirs.
This service is perfect for friends, couples, and small families because you select your arrival and departure dates, group size. You set the pace to maximize your experience. The Inca Trail 2 day hike is based on a minimum of 02 and a maximum of 08 hikers.
We require a deposit of 50% to confirm your reservation.
There are additional fees associated with this method of payment, which will be paid by the client.
Receiver’s Name: DAVID
Receiver’s Surname: GUZMAN FLORES
Receiver’s Address: CALLE NUEVA N° 462
Receiver’s City: CUSCO
Receiver’s Country: PERU
Receiver’s ID: 42567695
After sending payment, please send us an e-mail with the following information: Transaction numbers: Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN, a ten-digit number).
if you’d like to pay via paypal or a direct bank deposit, please note that a 10% fee applies. please add this amount to the tour cost to cover the transaction costs.our paypal email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
For all methods of payment, please include the following information in your reservation email:
* Copies of all passports.
* Start date for your trip.
* Indicate the name of your hotel in Cusco.