Inca Trail Hike To Machu Picchu 2 Days
The Inca Trail Hike or short Inca Trail will take you to Machu Picchu in 2 days. The attractions of the Inca Trail are the spectacular Incan sites, pristine mountain sceneries, verdant vegetation and the wonderful ecological diversity. The pathway goes through the National Park and enters through the Sun Gate with an extraordinary view of Machu Picchu.
It is crucial to understand that you are hiking the short Inca Trail, but without tents. For this experience, you still need to be in good physical condition. This will help you to fully enjoy the Inca sights and the fantastic views of the surrounding area. You can also review our Classic Inca Trail Trek version for a complete experience.
Additionally, the 2 day Inca Trail Hike will enable trekkers to enjoy the sunset and sunrise over Machu Picchu.
Inca Trail Hike to Machu Picchu Tour Details
- The full-day Inca Trail Hike starts when our local guide picks you up from your hotel in Cusco at 5:00 am.
- Travel through the Sacred Valley of the Incas and catch the train from Ollantaytambo Station.
- Take a train journey enjoying spectacular Andean landscapes and small Incan sites on the way. This train ride takes a little more than an hour to get to the trail head or KM 104.
- Experience the best hiking adventure via the original Inca Trail to the Sun gate.
- You will visit many Incan sites along the famous Inca Trail such us Chachabamba, Wiñay Wayna and others.
- Visit the Incan site of Wiñay Wayna with your guide and also enjoy your delicious lunch here.
- After that, you will hike for one hour to the Sun Gate and look briefly the citadel of Machu Picchu.
- On day 2 start the guided tour of Machu Picchu at 8:00 am or before. Our expert guide will explain all about the history and lifestyle of the Incas in the mysterious city.
- Guided tour ends and leave the Inca site after the classic pictures of Machu Picchu.
- From Machu Picchu, you will board the bus down to Aguas Calientes for 25 minutes.
- Board the return train to Ollantaytambo. Once there, our driver picks you up and takes you to your hotel in Cusco.
- Alternatively, you can choose to stay an extra night in Aguas Calientes. If you choose this option, we will purchase your return train tickets for the following day.
Inka Trail To Machu Picchu 2 day Itinerary
Day 1.- Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Wiñay Wayna – Sun Gate – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
We will pick you up from your hotel at 5:00 am in Cusco for your travel to Ollantaytambo train station. The Inca Trail hike can also start in Ollantaytambo, but you have to let us know in your reservation e-mail. After an hour train ride, we arrive at Kilometer 104 of the Cusco-Machu Picchu railway. Here you begin your hike and also show the Inca trail permits at the checkpoint.
Afterwards, you start a gentle climb for about three hours to the impressive Incan site of Wiñay Wayna. Once there, you will enjoy the amazing landscapes of the Urubamba valley and the gorgeous ancient constructions. Not far from here, we can find the last campsite of the classic Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. Our team will have lunch at this spot with bathroom facilities and tranquil environment.
Subsequently, we will keep hiking the Inca Trail to the Sun Gate. This place offers the best view of Machu Picchu and the surroundings. Take individual or group pictures and then you will descend for forty minutes to Machu Picchu. From here we take bus to aguas calientes and stay the night here.
Day 2.-Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Ollantaytambo – Cusco
Enjoy your breakfast and take the first bus to Machu Picchu along with your guide. Once there, you will take a guided tour of Machu Picchu.
Your expert guide of the Inca Trail Hike will show all sectors of Machu Picchu for 2 hours. During this guided visit, you will learn the fascinating history of the Incas and Machu Picchu.
In the afternoon, you will take the return train to Ollantaytambo and then a private vehicle to Cusco hotel.
Inca Trail Hike Includes:
- Private transport from your hotel to the train station.
- Bus tickets from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes.
- English speaking tour guide.
- Expedition train tickets from/to Ollantaytambo.
- One night hostal in Aguas Calientes.
- Transfer service from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Permits for the Inca trail, Machu Picchu and box lunch.
Private Service Price U$460.00 per person
Our private Inca Trail Hike to Machu Picchu is perfect for friends, couples, and families because you can leave any date you wish. With our private tours, you can also set your pace to maximize your experience. You do not have wait for anyone else Machu Picchu day tour starts with only 02 passengers.
Methods of Payment
We require a deposit of 50% to confirm your reservation.
There are additional fees associated with this method of payment, which will be paid by the client.
Surname: GUZMAN FLORES
Address: CALLE NUEVA N° 462
Receiver’s ID: 42567695
After sending payment, please send us an e-mail with the following information: Transaction numbers: Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN), a ten-digit number.
If you’d like to pay via PayPal or a direct bank deposit, please note that a 10% fee applies.
Please add this amount to the tour cost to cover the transaction costs. Our PayPal email address is: email@example.com
Start biking down hill with inca jungle trek 4 days
For all methods of payment, please include the following information in your reservation email:
Copies of all passport(s).
Start date for your trip.
Indicate the name of your hotel in Cusco.