Inca Trail Hike to Machu Picchu Full Day
The Inca Trail hike will let you experience the short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu in one day tour. The attraction of the Inca Trail are the spectacular Incan sites, pristine mountain sceneries, verdant vegetation and wonderful ecological diversity. The pathway goes through the National Park and enters through the Sun Gate with an extraordinary view of Machu Picchu. Once there, you will take a guided tour of Machu Picchu, exploring all the secret corners of the famous monument.
It is crucial to understand that you are hiking the same trail as the short version, but more quickly. For the full- day Inca Trail Hike you need to be in good physical condition. This will allow travelers to get to Machu Picchu on time and fully explore the ancient icon of the Incas. You can also check out our Inca Trail Trek 4 days version for more complete experience. This full day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu enables our trekkers to enjoy the sunset and sunrise over Machu Picchu.
Inca Trail Hike to Machu Picchu Tour Details
- The full-day Inca Trail Hike starts when our local guide picks you up from your hotel in Cusco at 4:00 am.
- Travel through the Sacred Valley of the Incas and catch the train from Ollantaytambo Station.
- Take a train journey enjoying spectacular Andean landscapes and small Incan sites on the way. This train ride takes a little more than an hour to get to the trail head or KM 104.
- Experience the best hiking adventure via the original Inca Trail to the Sun gate.
- You will visit many Incan sites along the famous Inca Trail such us Chachabamba, Wiñay Wayna and others.
- Visit the Incan site of Wiñay Wayna with your guide and also enjoy your delicious lunch here.
- After that, you will hike for one hour to the Sun Gate and look briefly the citadel of Machu Picchu.
- Start the guided tour of Machu Picchu Citadel at 2:00 pm. Our expert guide will explain all about the history and lifestyle of the Incas in the mysterious city.
- Guided tour ends and leave the Inca site after the sunset and classic pictures of Machu Picchu.
- From Machu Picchu, you will board the bus down to Aguas Calientes for 25 minutes.
- Board the return train to Ollantaytambo that leaves at 6:20 pm. Once there, our driver picks you up and takes you to your hotel in Cusco.
- Alternatively, you can choose to stay an extra night in Aguas Calientes. If you choose this option, we will purchase your return train tickets for the following day.
Inka Trail to Machu Picchu Full Day Itinerary
Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Chachabamba – Wiñay Wayna – Sun Gate – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes – Cusco
We will pick you up from your hotel at 4:00 am in Cusco for your travel to Ollantaytambo train station. The Inca Trail hike can also start in Ollantaytambo, but you have to let us know in your reservation e-mail. After an hour train ride, we arrive at Kilometer 104 of the Cusco-Machu Picchu railway. Here you begin your hike and also show the Inca trail permits at the checkpoint.
Afterwards, you start a gentle climb for about three hours to the impressive Incan site of Wiñay Wayna. Once there, you will enjoy the amazing landscapes of the Urubamba valley and the gorgeous ancient constructions. Not far from here, we can find the last campsite of the classic Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. Our team will have lunch at this spot with bathroom facilities and tranquil environment.
Subsequently, we will keep hiking the Inca Trail to the Sun Gate. This place offers the best view of Machu Picchu and its surrounding area. Take individual or group pictures and then you will walk downhill for forty minutes to Machu Picchu.
Upon arrival, you will take a guided tour of the mysterious citadel of Machu Picchu. Your expert guide of the Inca Trail Hike will show all sectors of Machu Picchu for 2 hours. During this guided visit, you will learn the fascinating history of the Incas and Machu Picchu.
Later, you will have plenty of time to visit Machu Picchu on your own. In the evening, you will take the return train to Ollantaytambo and then private van to your Cusco hotel.
Inca Trail Hike Includes:
- Private transport from your hotel to the train station.
- Bus ticket from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes.
- English speaking tour guide.
- Expedition train from Ollantaytambo to trailhead.
- Economic train tickets from Aguas calientes to ollantaytambo.
- Transfer service from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Permits for the Inca trail, Machu Picchu and box lunch.
Private Service Price U$370 per person
Our private Inca Trail Hike to Machu Picchu is perfect for friends, couples, and families because you can leave any date you wish. With our private tours, you can also set your pace to maximize your experience. You do not have wait for anyone else Machu Picchu day tour starts with only 02 passengers.
Methods of Payment
We require a deposit of 50% to confirm your reservation.
There are additional fees associated with this method of payment, which will be paid by the client.
Surname: GUZMAN FLORES
Address: CALLE NUEVA N° 462
Receiver’s ID: 42567695
After sending payment, please send us an e-mail with the following information: Transaction numbers: Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN), a ten-digit number.
If you’d like to pay via PayPal or a direct bank deposit, please note that a 10% fee applies.
Please add this amount to the tour cost to cover the transaction costs. Our PayPal email address is: email@example.com
Start biking down hill with inca jungle trek 4 days
For all methods of payment, please include the following information in your reservation email:
Copies of all passport(s).
Start date for your trip.
Indicate the name of your hotel in Cusco.