Lima, Peru’s capital, has a population of almost 10 million and is the second largest city in Latin America. It has a range of architecture, from Spanish colonial buildings to modern skyscrapers. You’ll visit its charming religious temples and residential neighborhoods.
The next day you’ll take a domestic flight to Cusco and explore the Inca archeological ruins in Cusco. You’ll travel by a comfortable train through the Sacred Valley to Aguas Calientes, the base village for Machu Picchu. You’ll have a guided tour of Machu Picchu, experiencing one of the official New 7 Wonders of the World and a UNESCO World Heritage site.
MACHU PICCHU AND LIMA TOURS ITINERARY
DAY 1.- LIMA CITY TOUR
Visit the most relevant attractions found in the historic city of Lima during this 4-hour tour. You’ll see a range of historical monuments, unique cultural sights and enjoy its gorgeous coastal landscape.
Your Lima tour can start either in the morning or afternoon, depending on your arrival flight and preference. We’ll pick you up from your hotel to see Lima’s historic center. We’ll also go to the “Park of Love” to enjoy a beautiful green space overlooking the Pacific Ocean that features a famous sculpture by Peruvian artist Victor Delfín.
We’ll move on to San Isidro, a relaxing residential area of Lima where you’ll visit “Huaca Pucllana” a pre-colonial ceremonial and administrative site. We’ll see Lima’s main square, visit the Municipal and Presidential Palaces, the Cathedral and stop by the tomb of Spanish conquistador Francisco Pizarro. You’ll also visit the Santo Domingo Convent and tour its Catacombs. At the end of this excursion, we’ll drop you off at your hotel or a restaurant to experience Lima’s world-class cuisine.
DAY 2.- ARRIVAL IN CUSCO AND CUSCO CITY TOUR
After your domestic flight to Cusco, we pick you up from your hotel at about 2:00 pm, and then head towards the nearest Incan attractions. We’ll visit five Inca sites over the course of this five-hour afternoon tour.
Machu Picchu and Lima City Tours 4 days include the most important temples, Qoricancha, which means “gold enclosure” because its walls were originally covered with solid sheets of gold. We’ll travel up the hill to Sacsayhuaman (“Satisfied Falcon”), a megalithic Inca monument. The site remains a brilliant feat of engineering, with its largest stone weighing over 300 tons.
The rock ruin Qenqo (“Zigzag”) has many symbolic carvings, caves and passageways to explore, and a sacrificial altar. We’ll see Puca Pucara (Red Fortress), a small site that was used as a control point and a sort of hotel for housing important Inca people during ceremonies.
Also included is Tambomachay (Lodging Place) with its aqueducts, canals, and waterfalls, all carved in stones.
DAY 3.- FULL-DAY AT MACHU PICCHU
Today is the day to experience the wonder of Machu Picchu. Today’s activities last approximately 18 hours, leaving your hotel at 4:00 am and arriving back to your hotel at approximately 10:00 pm.
We get an early start at 4:00 am for the 1.5 hour trip by private bus to Ollantaytambo. From Ollantaytambo, you’ll take the train to Aguas Calientes, the base village for Machu Picchu. Upon arrival in Aguas Calientes at about 10:00 am, your guide will meet you and accompany you for the 25-minute bus ride up to Machu Picchu.
Your two-hour guided tour begins at the ruins, where you’ll visit the most important areas of Machu Picchu: the Guard House, the Sun Temple, the royalty area, the Main Plaza, the Three Windows Temple, the Sacred Sun Dial and other attractions. All areas are connected by narrow paths and steps, so be prepared for a bit of walking.
At the end of the tour, you’ll have about 2 hours of free time to explore on your own. Hike up to the Sun Gate, or with a previous reservation, climb Huaynapicchu with its magnificent view of the entire sanctuary.
In the afternoon, you will take the return train to Ollantaytambo, where you will be picked up by private transportation and taken to your hotel in Cusco.
DAY 4.- LEAVE CUSCO
Depending on your travel arrangements, we will pick you up from your hotel to take you to the bus terminal or airport.
- Tourist Transportation to visited places.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish speaking professional tour guide.
- RT expedition class train tickets between Ollantaytambo and Aguas Calientes.
- RT bus tickets from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu.
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu.
- Tourist Tickets for entrance to all attractions included in the Lima and Cusco city tours.
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu.
- RT private transportation from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Cusco city tour (upon request, buffet lunch for $15).
- Machu Picchu tour (upon request buffet lunch for $25). Domestic flights Lima – Cusco.
- Tips and gratuities (depends on service).
- Tips and gratuities (depends on service).
- Domestic flights Lima – Cusco. Tips and gratuities (depends on service). Any other item not specified in
- Tips and gratuities (depends on service). Any other item not specified in
- Any other item not specified in the section above “We include”.
WHAT TO BRING
- A change of clothes.
- Original passport & International Student Identity Card (if applicable).
- Rain gear or poncho.
- Trekking boots (recommended rather than sneakers).
- Camera with extra batteries.
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun.
- Sun block, minimum 30 SPF (it’s easy to burn at high elevations).
- Insect repellent (minimum 20% DEET recommended) A roll of toilet paper.
- Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, raw fruits, etc.
- Sufficient drinking water (consider the physical exertion of walking uphill).
- Personal medical kit with prescriptions.
- Small towel and wet wipes.
- Bathing suit and sandals (or flip flops) for the hot springs.
- Cash for tipping staff and buying souvenirs.
PRIVATE SERVICE PRICE $535.00 USD WITH EXPEDITION CLASS TRAIN SERVICE
This service is perfect for friends, couples, and small families because you select your arrival and departure dates, group size, and most importantly, you set the pace to maximize your experience. This tour is based on 02 and 08 maximum passengers.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
We require a deposit of 50% to confirm your reservation.
There are additional fees associated with this method of payment, which will be paid by the client.
Receiver’s Name: DAVID
Receiver’s Surname: GUZMAN FLORES
Receiver’s Address: CALLE NUEVA N° 462
Receiver’s City: CUSCO
Receiver’s Country: PERU
Receiver’s ID: 42567695
After sending payment, please send us an e-mail with the following information: Transaction numbers: Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN), a ten-digit number)
If you’d like to pay via PayPal or a direct bank deposit, please note that a 10% fee applies. Please add this amount to the tour cost to cover the transaction costs. Our PayPal email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
For all methods of payment, please include the following information in your reservation email:
* Scanned passports for each traveler. We cannot make reservations or book tickets until we have scanned copies of all passport(s).
* Start date for your trip.
* Details of your arrival flight to arrange airport pick up.
-All foreign students with a valid International Student Identity Card get a discount.
-Teenagers and children: $20.00 USD (up to 16 years of age, passport copy required for all bookings).
HUAYNAPICCHU OR MACHU PICCHU MOUNTAIN ASCENTS
The Huaynapicchu peak ascent is limited to only 400 people per day, with one group of 200 at 7:00 am and the second group at 10:00 am. We recommend booking Huaynapicchu entrance tickets 3-4 months in advance. Once tickets are sold out, there is no chance to get them! Instead, you’ll have the option to climb the Machu Picchu Mountain for the same cost. The ticket price to climb Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu Mountain is $25.00 per person, which will be added to the total price of your package.