COLCA CANYON TREK TOUR 2 DAYS
The city of Arequipa is located on the skirts of the western range of the Andes, at the foot of the Misti volcano at (2,350 m). Two of the world’s deepest canyons are situated in this region such as Cotahuasi, in the province of La Union, and Colca, in the province of Cailloma. It’s precisely the presence of the volcanoes and deep canyons what make so popular this region. The Colca Canyon trek tour 2 days is considered as one of the best adventure hikes in Peru. This unforgettable experience will offer breathtaking views of the extinct volcanoes and soaring Condors. The world’s deepest canyon is also home to the traditional farming communities.
Colca Canyon Treks – Colca Canyon Tour – Colca Canyon Excursion – Colca Canyon Expedition – Colca Canyon Hike – Colca Canyon two-day Trek – Colca Canyon three-day Trek – Colca Canyon and Arequipa Tour – Colca Canyon Package Tour – Colca Canyon Information – Colca Canyon Peru Tour – Arequipa and Colca Canyon – Colca Canyon Trek Itinerary – Colca Canyon Trek Peru – Colca Canyon Trek Difficulty – Colca Canyon Altitude – Colca Canyon Trek Tour 2 days
COLCA CANYON TREK TOUR 2 DAYS ITINERARY
DAY 1.- AREQUIPA – CHIVAY – CABANACONDE – OASIS LODGE
The Colca Canyon trek tour 2 days start at 3:00 am, with a pick up from your hotel in Arequipa. After that, we will head towards Chivay, located 3 hours from Arequipa. Breakfast and departure to the Cruz del Condor viewpoint, a natural viewpoint to observe the soaring condor. Then, we will continue on our bus journey to Cabanaconde. Once there, we will start trekking into the Canyon, descending for 3 hours to the Colca River (2,160 m). We will cross to the other side of the canyon and trek up the hill. At noon, we will arrive at the first village of San Juan de Chuccho, which offers a nice resting place and also our lunch spot. Here, we will have our delicious and energetic lunch. After that, we will continue hiking for approximately four hours, passing typical villages of Malata and Cosñirhua. Our trail finally brings us to Sangalle, where we`ll find a place to spend the night in a bamboo bungalow. This lodging place also offers a swimming pool between palm trees and surrounded by mountains.
Meals: Breakfast – lunch – Dinner
DAY 2.- SANGALLE- CABANACONDE TOWN – CHIVAY – AREQUIPA
We will get up at 4:00 am and begin to trek up the hill for three hours to Cabanaconde (3280 m). This will be our last and toughest section because this will demand a 1050 m ascent on a steep trail. We will arrive at Cabanaconde and have our energetic and nutritious breakfast. Then, we will board our private van and drive back to Chivay, and have our lunch. After that, we will also have some time to visit the hot springs and soothe the sore muscles. Return to Arequipa and transfer to the hotel.
Meals: Breakfast – lunch
COLCA CANYON TREK INCLUDES:
- Pick up from your hotel in Arequipa.
- Briefing one day prior departure
- Tourist trasportation – Arequipa – Cabanaconde.
- Entrance fees to the Colca Canyon National Park.
- Professional English speaking guide.
- Meals : 02 breakfasts, 02 lunches and 1 dinner
- 01 Night accommodation in Sangalle (bamboo lodge)
- Entrance fees to the hot springs of La Calera in Chivay.
COLCA CANYON TREK DOESN’T INCLUDE:
- Last dinner.
- Emergency Horse.
- Phone calls and gratuities.
WHAT TO BRING FOR THIS TREK
- A rucksack with a change of clothes for the whole period of the trip
- Original passport & International Student Identity Card (if applicable).
- Rain gear or rain poncho. Plastic ponchos can be bought in Cusco.
- Waterproof trekking boots are recommended.
- Sandals or flip-flop to relax your feet and for hot springs.
- Warm clothes, including jacket, fleeces, and gloves.
- Torch/ Flashlight with extra batteries.
- Camera, with extra batteries.
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun and cold.
- Sun block, at high elevation, on is easy to get sun burn.
- Insect repellent – minimum recommended 20% DEET.
- A roll of toilet paper.
- Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, raw fruits, etc.
- Canteen with enough water for the first day.
- Your own medical kit with any special medications that you might require.
- Small towel and wet wipes.
- Bathing suit for the hot springs.
- Cash for tipping staff and buy souvenirs.
- Walking sticks or poles (it can be rented from us).
SHARED SERVICE PRICE $ 195.00 USD PER PERSON
This service is perfect for friends, couples, and small families because you select your arrival and departure dates, group size, and most importantly, you set the pace to maximize your experience. This tour is based on 02 minimum and 08 maximum passengers.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
We require a deposit of 50% to confirm your reservation.
There are additional fees associated with this method of payment, which will be paid by the client.
Receiver’s Name: DAVID
Receiver’s Surname: GUZMAN FLORES
Receiver’s Address: CALLE NUEVA N° 462
Receiver’s City: CUSCO
Receiver’s Country: PERU
Receiver’s ID: 42567695
After sending payment, please send us an e-mail with the following information: Transaction numbers: Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN, a ten-digit number)
If you’d like to pay via PayPal or a direct bank deposit, please note that a 10% fee applies. Please add this amount to the tour cost to cover the transaction costs. Our PayPal email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
For all methods of payment, please include the following information in your reservation email:
* Scanned passports for each traveler. We cannot make reservations or book tickets until we have scanned copies of all passport(s).
* Start date for your trip.
* Details of your hotel in Arequipa.